Do you have a green bean hater? I dare you to try this bacon-wrapped green bean recipe. I dare you.
I took the dare and I now have a transformed husband who looks forward to his green beans. Not to mention my kiddos who eat them up as fast as all the other food on their plates. I also love this recipe because it looks super fancy when in reality it takes very little skill to assemble.
Want to take the dare?
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans
Preheat your oven to 400°F.
Cook 6-8 pieces of bacon about half way done. You don’t want them cooked all the way because they are going to go into the oven. You don’t want them too undercooked because they won’t get finished in the oven. Half way. Trust me on this one. I cooked my bacon for about 6 minutes but it really depends on the type of bacon you use.
Meanwhile, wash and snap off the ends of about 1 pound of green beans. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and toss green beans into boiling water. Let boil for only 3-4 minutes. They should turn bright green and be softened a tad.
Now, gather about 6-8 green beans and wrap them up in either 1/2 piece of bacon or a whole piece. It kind of depends on how healthy you want to be OR how much of a green bean hater you have at your dinner table.
Green bean hater=full piece of bacon.
Once you’ve wrapped up your green bean bundle, stick it all the way through with a toothpick. This holds the bacon in place, thus holding your green beans in place.
Sprinkle the tops of your bundles with a little salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
Bake your green bean bundles in the oven at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.
More Great Side Dish Ideas
- Simple Boiled Baby Potatoes – Quick and easy.
- Easy Hashbrown Casserole – A total crowd pleaser.
- Ultimate Bacon and Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes – You can’t go wrong with these!
- Cranberry Spinach Salad with Citrus Dressing
Do you have a green bean hater in your house? Try this simple, no-fail bacon and green bean recipe. You’ll convert everyone who tries them!
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound bacon (here is where we get our favorite bacon)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake the bacon on a sheet pan for about 10 minutes, until cooked but not crispy at all. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Boil green beans for about 2 minutes, until still crisp and only partially cooked through. Drain in a colander and run cold water over them to stop the cooking process.
- Wrap 6-8 green beans with 1/2 piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle a little salt, pepper, and brown sugar on top of bean bundles.
- Cook 15-20 minutes at 400°F until the bacon is done to your preference.
What goes well with bacon wrapped green beans?
Here are some ideas that bacon wrapped green beans would go great with!