This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 2 small or 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and grated
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 1/4–1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- whole wheat flour, for coating
- olive oil, for frying
- Peel, core, and grate 2 small, or one large, apple.
- Spread the apple out on a clean dish towel and press out all the excess moisture.
- Put the grated apple, chicken, onion powder, parsley, breadcrumbs, chicken stock, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Spread the flour out on a plate.
- With wet hands, divide the mixture into 20 mini portions.
- Shape each portion into a ball (or a mini burger using several of the portions) and then roll in the flour.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the balls for 5-8 minutes, rolling them occasionally so they brown on all sides.
- When done, they should be golden brown and juices should run clear (no pink inside).
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot (or cold for lunchbox).
Freezer Meal Directions:
Roll into balls and coat with breadcrumb mixture. Then, freeze in airtight container for up to 2 months.
When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator or in the microwave on the defrost setting. Cook as directed.
- Serving Size: 20 chicken and apple bites