This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This simple Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce only requires 5 ingredients and lasts for at least a week in the fridge or 1-2 months in the freezer. Only takes minutes to whip up!
Like I mentioned, you only need 5 ingredients to whip up this creamy, sweet, tangy, and slightly spicy sauce. Here’s what you need to grab at the store…
How to Make Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
To make dipping sauce, simply whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl. The flavors get even better the longer it sits in the fridge, so you may want to make this a few hours in advance.
Recipes to Go with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Dip these recipes in our sweet and spicy sauce to kick them up a notch!
This condiment will last 1-2 weeks (maybe longer) in the refrigerator, assuming you used mayo that isn’t near its expiration date.
I also tested freezing this sauce and thawing it in the refrigerator. The good news is that texture wasn’t affected at all! As for the flavor, the cayenne pepper got much hotter after sitting in the freezer. So, if you plan to freeze the sauce, I’d leave out the cayenne and stir it in after thawing.
Yes, plain Greek yogurt will work just fine in place of the mayonnaise in this recipe. Full fat Greek yogurt will yield a creamier, richer consistency than the non-fat type.
Absolutely! It would work great on a leafy green salad.
Once you try making this easy condiment, I think you’ll want to have the ingredients on hand for any time. Enjoy!
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (sub: plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard (or yellow mustard for less spiciness and brighter yellow color)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or a little more, to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more to taste, but keep in mind it will get spicier the longer it sits)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until completely smooth. Refrigerate for 1-2 weeks or freeze using instructions below.
- Freezing Instructions: Mix up the sauce but leave out or cut back on the cayenne pepper (it gets too spicy after being in the freezer). Freeze in a small freezer bag or container for 1-2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator, stir in the 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, and serve.
- Goes great with chicken nuggets, chicken meatballs, or on a Grilled Chicken Sandwich.
- Can we used as a salad dressing, too!