This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (preferably organic)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs (make these yourself by throwing some stale bread into the food processor. It’s THAT easy!)
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil (I use avocado oil)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Chop the chicken into about 1 1/2-2 inch chunks and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat the egg with a splash of water in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, paprika, and garlic powder.
- To bread the chicken: Drop some of the chicken chunks into the egg mixture until they are coated on all sides. Then, dip into the breadcrumb mixture. Roll them around and make sure the pieces are fully coated. Set the coated pieces aside while you finish the rest of the nuggets.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken nuggets in batches, being careful not to overcrowd the pan, for about 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown. Turn the heat down if they are browning too quickly. Cut one down the middle to make sure it is fully cooked (no pink inside!). In between batches, wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and add more oil to coat the bottom.
- Keep finished nuggets on a sheet pan in the 200°F oven to keep warm while you finish the rest.
- Transfer the nuggets to a plate lined with paper towels to help drain off any excess oil.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Bread the nuggets and stack uncooked in single rows divided by wax or parchment paper in your freezer container. Store in freezer for up to two months.
When ready to bake, thaw overnight in the fridge or on the thaw setting in the microwave and bake as directed.