This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I like me a good corn muffin. Don’t you? But not all corn muffins are created equal. When you buy a boxed mix at the store, for instance, you’re getting trans fats, additives, and ingredients that have been stripped of their nutritional value. When you make this recipe below, you’ll be offering your family a delicious and healthy muffin that takes almost no time to prepare. I included my notes for a dairy-free version, as well.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 6 cups flour (I used white whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup sugar (I used turbinado sugar, since it’s minimally processed)
- 4 cups cornmeal (I used Hodgson Mill whole grain yellow cornmeal)
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Whisk together all ingredients and store in airtight container. Makes enough mix for 5 dozen muffins.
- To make 1 dozen muffins, whisk 1 cup milk (use almond milk to make this dairy-free), 2 eggs, 4 tablespoons melted butter (use melted coconut oil or avocado oil to make this dairy-free) and 1 teaspoon vanilla into 2 1/4 cups muffin mix just until blended; transfer to greased muffin pan and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.