I like me a good corn muffin. Don’t you? But not all corn muffins are created equal. When you buy a boxed mix at the store, for instance, you’re getting trans fats, additives, and ingredients that have been stripped of their nutritional value. When you make this recipe below, you’ll be offering your family a delicious and healthy muffin that takes almost no time to prepare. I included my notes for a dairy-free version, as well.Print
Avoid the unknown ingredient lists in the boxed varieties of corn muffins. Instead, try this very simple recipe for homemade, nutritious corn muffins.
- 6 cups flour (I used white whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup sugar (I used turbinado sugar, since it’s minimally processed)
- 4 cups cornmeal (I used Hodgson Mill whole grain yellow cornmeal)
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk together all ingredients and store in airtight container. Makes enough mix for 5 dozen muffins.
- To make 1 dozen muffins, whisk 1 cup milk (use almond milk to make this dairy-free), 2 eggs, 4 tablespoons melted butter (use melted coconut oil or avocado oil to make this dairy-free) and 1 teaspoon vanilla into 2 1/4 cups muffin mix just until blended; transfer to greased muffin pan and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.