Using just a few simple ingredients and a bread machine, you’ll have yourself a delicious, homemade pizza! Make these for your next family night and let the family pick their favorite toppings.
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Place ingredients in bread machine according to the machine’s instructions.
- Start the dough cycle (mine takes 2 hr 20 min so allow some time; Rachel’s only takes 50 minutes)
- At this point you can store this dough for a few hours in the fridge by covering it with some olive oil wrapping in plastic wrap. Or if you’re ready to cook pizzas, move to the next step.
- After dough is done, separate into 2-4 mounds depending on how big you want your pizzas to be.
- Roll dough out on floured surface to desired thickness. (Tip: Roll it thinner than you think it should be.)
- Lightly brush each pizza with olive oil and sprinkle on tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and your favorite toppings.
- Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes. For a softer crust, bake on a cookie sheet or a crispy crust bake directly on the rack.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Cook pizza as directed in recipe. Let cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap, then foil, and place in freezer for up to 3 months.
Cook in the oven from frozen
Original recipe inspiration from food.com