Zucchini Pizza Crust is the unexpected dinner guest for pizza night that your family will go crazy for.
- 3–4 cups finely shredded and packed zucchini (about 3–4 zucchinis depending on size)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni and/or other toppings
- Preheat a baking stone or overturned rimmed baking sheet at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Wring out the shredded zucchini really, really well. And when you think it’s wrung out all the way, wring it out some more. You want it as dry as possible. You’ll end up with about a cup or so after it’s been wrung dry. I used a thin dish towel and squeezed the zucchini through that.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, flours, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, eggs, and cheeses. Using your hands, mix all the ingredients together. It will be sticky!
- Grease two sheets of parchment paper. Press the dough into the desired shape and thickness between to two pieces of greased parchment paper. You can get this dough pretty thin if you work at pressing it out evenly (I like it about 1/4-inch thick).
- Slide the parchment paper with the pizza crust on top of it on to the preheated baking stone
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust looks set and the bottom is starting to brown.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven and top with pizza sauce and toppings. Bake for another 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.