Try this oatmeal that is full of fiber, protein, antioxidants, vitamin A, calcium, healthy fat, and even probiotics. Your family will ask for it again and again.
- 2 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 spoonful organic plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- 1–2 teaspoons unrefined organic coconut oil – I buy in bulk, because we go through it fast.
- 1 tablespoon almond meal – I find this at Trader Joe’s in the baking section.
- 1–2 teaspoons ground flaxseed (Why eat flaxseed?)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (start with 1 tablespoon and add more until it’s a rich chocolaty color and flavor)
- 1–2 tablespoons honey (or to taste, until it’s sweet and delicious)
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 big spoonful pumpkin puree – Note: You’ll never taste this.
- 1–2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Dash of milk (if needed to thin it out)
- Cook oats according to package directions *Feel free to use steel cut oats or regular oats, but they’ll take longer.
- After the oats are cooked, add in the ingredients above, to taste.