A simple, healthy appetizer fit for a fiesta or a quick low-key meatless meal.
- 1 can refried beans (look for organic or make your own)
- 2–3 avocados, smashed
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups plain organic Greek yogurt or whole milk yogurt
- 1–2 tablespoons taco seasoning (according to your taste)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed shredded romaine or green leaf lettuce
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped
- a few sliced olives, optional for garnish
- Spread refried beans in large glass bowl or pan.
- In a small bowl, smash avocado. Stir in lemon/lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread avocado mixture over dip.
- Combine taco seasoning with yogurt. Spread over avocado layer.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheddar cheese on top.
- Top with shredded lettuce, then chopped tomatoes, and then chopped olives (optional).
- Serve with tortilla chips.