Crisp greens are topped with tart apples, sweet dried cranberries, feta cheese, toasted pecans, and Burgers’ Smokehouse Applewood Bacon. Finish off with our delicious Apple Cider dressing and serve alongside Apple Pie Wine by St. James Winery.
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Apple Pie Wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups crisp Romaine or Green Leaf lettuce, chopped (approximately 1 head of lettuce)
- 2 medium tart red apples, cored and diced (do not peel) (recommended: Fuji or Honeycrisp)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 8 slices Burgers’ Smokehouse Applewood Smoked Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a jar with a lid, seal, and shake. (You can make ahead and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.)
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl, lightly drizzle the dressing over the top (add less than you think you need), and toss. Serve with extra dressing and Apple Pie Wine on the side.