We get a little crazy with the sweet potato recipes around Thriving Home. Rachel has found amazing ways to sneak them into banana bread, biscuits, pancakes, and even french toast. If you poke around our Recipe Index you will have no problem finding lots of recipes that include them. Why are we so crazy about sweet potatoes? Because they are seriously good for you and for the most part, they are a family friendly dish.
While Rachel may be the queen of baking with sweet potatoes, I have stumbled on a flavorful way to cook them that I can’t get enough of. This is an easy sweet potato recipe that only requires a few simple ingredients. The glaze adds such a unique flavor from the sweet potatoes that I’ve never tasted before. Ready for some serious YUM?
The unique flavor from the glaze makes these sweet potatoes taste out of this world! If you’re not a sweet potato fan, you will be after this recipe.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2–3 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large skillet over medium heat, bring balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer until vinegar thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Add butter and salt and stir until butter melts.
- Add potato pieces to skillet; toss to coat. Season potatoes with freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread potatoes evenly on rimmed baking sheet. Bake until potatoes are tender and golden, stirring occasionally, about 30-40 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to large platter or bowl and serve.