The best homemade popcorn that only has 3 ingredients and cooks in a flash!
- 3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of organic, non-GMO popcorn kernels
- 3/4 – 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat about 3 tablespoons or a heaping spoonful of coconut oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Make sure the oil coats the bottom of the pan.
- Add a few kernels of corn and put the lid on.
- When the kernels begin to pop, add enough kernels to mostly cover the bottom of the pot (approximately 1/2 cup).
- Using oven mitts, use one hand to continuously shake the pot by the side handle. Use the other hand to crack the lid, allowing the steam to release. Releasing the steam is important so that the popcorn doesn’t get soggy.
- When the popping slows down quite a bit, pull the pot off the heat. Dump it into a bowl immediately, so the bottom pieces don’t burn in the pot.
- Season with sea salt to taste (approximately 3/4 -1 teaspoon).