This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
They are as good as they sound. This healthier twist on the typical Chocolate Covered Pretzel has no shortage of flavor. Since the melted dark chocolate is mixed together with the peanut butter before dipping, that chocolate coating has twice the flavor and some added protein!
Are They Healthier?
If you use a whole grain pretzel, an all-natural nut butter, and the darkest of chocolate for these Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzels, you really can pull this off as a healthy snack for your kids. It’s got fiber, protein, good fat, and antioxidants. We had this today with green tea for an extra antioxidant boost during this cold/flu season.
One warning, I had to set a limit for myself, because when you combine something salty with chocolate there is a high likelihood I won’t have much restraint!
How to Make Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Pretzels
Here is the yummy trick: You will be mixing the chocolate and peanut butter together before you dip them!
Melt chocolate and nut butter in microwave in 20 second increments, stirring each time until melted. You want it to be liquified enough for the chocolate to drip off.
Dip pretzels in the mixture. Lay pretzels flat on parchment paper and put in the fridge to firm up for about 30 minutes.
Yes, you could fully dip them but not only is that not as healthy, it’s messier! I liked having a dry side to hold on to while dipping.
How to Store Dark Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
I found that they store best in the fridge. The chocolate can quickly get a little messy so I just keep mine in a Tupperware bin in the fridge and pull it out when it’s snack time!
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (or nut butter combo of your choice)
- 1 1/3 dark chocolate chips (we like Ghiradelli)
- About 50 mini pretzel twists (look for one with recognizable ingredients)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and dark chocolate.
- Microwave in 20 second increments until the mixture if melted. Stir to combine.
- Dip pretzels into the chocolate mixture and let excess drip off. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the fridge to allow chocolate to solidify before eating.
- Store in air tight container in the fridge.
Want More Healthy Snack Ideas?
Swing by our 30+ Healthy On-the-Go Snack Ideas! We include trick on how to get your family to actually eat them too!