This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pizza Quesadillas are filling snack or light meal that parents can feel good about feeding their kids. This tasty pizza snack comes together fast and can be customized so easily!
Finding healthy snacks that my kids will be excited about is a continual struggle in my home. While Homemade Popcorn and Powerball Cookies are great options that they like, I needed a few others in my arsenal of after school snacks. Enter: Pizza Quesadillas!
What’s in a Pizza Quesadilla?
Well, whatever you want to be!
The main ingredients you need are:
- Whole wheat tortillas (or use gluten-free tortillas, if you want)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce (we like Newman’s Own Marinara or Homemade Marinara)
Additional Ingredient Ideas:
- Uncured ham, chopped
- Uncured turkey pepperoni (we like this brand)
- Fresh basil, finely chopped
- Baby bell peppers, thinly sliced
How to Make Pizza Quesadillas
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and laying out your tortillas.
Step 2: Add cheese and your toppings. Because this batch of quesadillas was for my young boys, I kept it really simple with cheese and pepperoni.
Step 3: Bake it in a preheated oven for about 5 minutes.
Step 4: Pull it out of the oven and fold each tortilla in half. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
Step 5: Once the quesadillas have cooled slightly, cut them in triangles and serving with dipping sauce (aka marinara sauce).
How to Serve Pizza Quesadillas
Like I mentioned above, it’s fun to slice up your “pizzas” into triangles. While some kiddos will like them just like this, having a little bowl of marinara to dip them in is a fun addition. Plus it makes them taste more like pizza!
If you are serving these as a quick meal, add a simple and healthy side dish like cut up fruit or veggie sticks with Ranch or hummus.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- Cooking spray
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas (sub: gluten-free tortillas)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional toppings: uncured ham and/or turkey pepperoni, finely chopped basil, finely sliced baby bell peppers
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I like Newman’s Own Marinara or to make our Homemade Marinara Sauce)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray (or line with parchment paper). Then lay out the tortillas in a single layer.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese over each tortilla and divide additional toppings over tortillas. Top each with 3 tablespoons more of cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and carefully fold each tortilla in half. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Once they’ve cooled slightly, cut into triangles. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
Here are more easy on the go snack ideas, if you need more inspiration.