Wow your kids by making them breakfast cookies! Packed with fiber, potassium, and calcium, your family is sure to love these!
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (chunky or regular)
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- optional: 1/2 cup raisins or craisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together banana, peanut butter, honey and vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine oats, flour, flaxseed, milk powder, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Stir the oat mixture into the banana mixture until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop mounds of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten and spread each cookie.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag for up to 3 days.
- – See more at: https://thrivinghomeblog.com/2010/01/breakfast-cookies/#sthash.u4RRDimx.dpuf
Store in airtight container or reusable bag for up to 2 months.
Thaw overnight, or for several hours, before serving.