Avoid the unknown ingredient lists in the boxed varieties of corn muffins. Instead, try this very simple recipe for homemade, nutritious corn muffins.
- 6 cups flour (I used white whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup sugar (I used turbinado sugar, since it’s minimally processed)
- 4 cups cornmeal (I used Hodgson Mill whole grain yellow cornmeal)
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk together all ingredients and store in airtight container. Makes enough mix for 5 dozen muffins.
- To make 1 dozen muffins, whisk 1 cup milk (use almond milk to make this dairy-free), 2 eggs, 4 tablespoons melted butter (use melted coconut oil or avocado oil to make this dairy-free) and 1 teaspoon vanilla into 2 1/4 cups muffin mix just until blended; transfer to greased muffin pan and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.