Once you’ve made these Easy Homemade Croutons, you’ll never go back. The fresh bread is packed with flavor and toasted to perfection. Make lots and freeze them!
- 2 cups of diced sourdough bread (or french bread)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (it helps to have a sheet pan that is rimmed, so you don’t lose any croutons in the oven). Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place diced bread in a large mixing bowl and drizzle oil over the bread pieces. Toss to coat.
- Add seasonings and toss until even distributed.
- Spread croutons evenly over the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until croutons are browned and crisp.
To Freeze For Later: Let croutons cool and then store in an airtight container or freezer bag.
To Prepare From Frozen: Let croutons thaw. Lightly toast under the broiler, if desired.