This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (crush in hand)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, plus more for coating cakes before cooking
- 2 6-ounce cans of crab meat, drained well
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Optional garnishes: lemon wedges or seafood sauce
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- In medium pan, saute onion, celery, and pepper in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat until soft (2-3 minutes.) Season lightly with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl, mix mayo, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, egg, Old Bay seasoning, garlic powder, and parsley. Stir in slightly cooled sauteed vegetables. Gently fold in breadcrumbs and crab meat. Cover and cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Form meat mixture into 8 mini or 4 regular-sized crab cake patties. Lightly coat both sides of crab cakes in more panko bread crumbs.
- Melt butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in medium pan over medium heat. Cook patties for about 3-4 minutes per side, turning once when first side is nicely browned. Remove from pan.
- Serve with lemon wedges or seafood sauce.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
To Freeze: Put the patties together and then freeze in airtight container before cooking.
To Prepare: When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the fridge or in the microwave on the defrost setting. Cook as directed.