This holiday season, I’ve come up with a super easy, budget-friendly gift idea. Homemade granola!
Double the batch, divide it between 3-4 large mason jars, tie a ribbon around the top and you’ve got yourself a gift that almost anybody can appreciate.
I think this could be perfect for a grandparent, co-worker, neighbor, or friend that you want to give a little goodie to but don’t want to spend a lot of money on. I have quite a few people in my life in that category. 🙂
The holidays are a great excuse to whip up this gift but I’m thinking this could be a year round gift idea too. It’s be great for a new mom, or someone that needs a little pick-me-up.
Give the gift of granola, people!
Print off this recipe card to attach to your gift! Just click the image to download it.
Homemade Granola makes for a deliciously nutritious gift to give with love.
- 3 cups of oats (old fashioned- not quick oats)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup PURE maple syrup
- 1/3 cup oil (preferably canola)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, flour, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine syrup, oil, and vanilla
- Pour wet mixture over oats and stir until well coated.
- Spread oats out on greased, rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes, then give your granola a stir. (Add raisins or other ingredients at this point.)
- Bake another 25 minutes.
- Store in air tight container in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.