Homemade Granola makes for a deliciously nutritious gift to give with love.
- 3 cups of oats (old fashioned- not quick oats)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup PURE maple syrup
- 1/3 cup oil (preferably canola)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, flour, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine syrup, oil, and vanilla
- Pour wet mixture over oats and stir until well coated.
- Spread oats out on greased, rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes, then give your granola a stir. (Add raisins or other ingredients at this point.)
- Bake another 25 minutes.
- Store in air tight container in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.