This recipe probably wins the award for being the easiest meal in our cookbook. We especially love it because it is one of those meals that can be baked straight from frozen and is a great way to use up leftover ingredients.
- 6 whole wheat English muffins
- 3⁄4 cup pizza sauce (make your own using our recipe)
- 21⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped toppings: uncured pepperoni, cooked Italian sausage, green peppers, banana peppers, spinach, mushrooms, etc.
Make It Now:
- Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut each English muffin horizontally and lay them out on the baking sheet with the inside facing up. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or just until they start to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Reduce the heat to 375°F.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce to each muffin half.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of cheese over the sauce.
- Mix together the chopped topping ingredients of your choice and scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mix on top of the cheese.
- Top each off with another tablespoon of cheese. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese has thoroughly melted.
Freeze For Later: Prepare as directed, but do not bake. Flash freeze on the baking sheet until completely frozen, 1 to 2 hours. Place in an airtight freezer container or bag, separating layers with parchment paper. Prepare From Frozen: In a preheated 375°F oven, bake from frozen for 13 to 15 minutes.