Here’s a great recipe to try this grilling season.
As a mom of three younger kids, what I love about this marinade is that it’s so very flavorful but not too spicy. They are a home run with all ages.
Southwest Chicken Tenders
Serves: Serves: 4
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1½ lbs chicken tenders (or 4 boneless chicken breasts)
- 1) Combine all ingredients except the chicken tenders in a large zip top bag and shake. Add chicken tenders and shake again. Place bag in a dish and set in the refrigerator. Let chicken marinate for an hour or two, occasionally turning the bag to evenly distribute the marinade.
- 2) Grill chicken tenders over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side. Chicken is done when you cut into it and there is no more pink. Do not overcook.