Banana Pecan Baked French Toast is the breakfast you need … and the breakfast you deserve.
- 8–9 cups whole grain bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup butternut squash or pumpkin puree
- 2 medium overripe bananas
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Place the bread pieces in the pan.
- In a blender, add milk, butternut squash puree, bananas, eggs, butter, syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Blend until pureed. Pour over the bread.
- Top the casserole with pecans, cover, and set in the refrigerator overnight. (Freezer meal instructions begin here.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the egg mixture is set and top is golden.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
To Freeze: Put together the casserole through Step 3. Cover tightly with a lid, plastic wrap, and/or foil, pressing out any air. Freeze.
To Prepare: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours. Bake as directed. If it’s still partially frozen when you bake it, you may have to bake longer. Cover with foil if the top starts to brown too much.