This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Don’t spend Christmas morning working away in the kitchen! Instead, prepare a few of these delicious Christmas breakfast ideas in advance, so you can relax and enjoy time with your loved ones. We rounded up the best of the best recipes on the internet!
The BEST Christmas Breakfast Ideas to Make Ahead
As freezer cooking experts and authors of From Freezer to Table and From Freezer to Cooker, we know what works and what doesn’t when it comes to make ahead meals. We scoured the internet to help you find the VERY BEST make ahead breakfast and brunch ideas for Christmas morning. Off we go!
1. Crockpot Breakfast Casserole with Bacon and Gruyere from Thriving Home
Friends and family will oooh and ahhhh over this gourmet breakfast casserole. Its depth of flavor and beautiful color come from the bacon, onions, garlic, kale, roasted red peppers, and Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses. Turn on the crockpot first thing in the morning, and it will be ready by a mid-morning brunch.
2. Homemade Cinnamon Rolls from Thriving Home
Our Christmas mornings aren’t complete without cinnamon rolls. We’ve made these for YEARS. Make ahead and refrigerate them using our instructions. Then bake fresh in the morning.
3. Overnight Cinnamon Roll Casserole from Gimme Some Oven
If making cinnamon rolls from scratch ain’t your thing, no worries. Try this fake-out cinnamon roll casserole that you can make ahead. With all that cinnamon, sugar, and cream cheesy frosting, you may never know the difference. 🙂
4. Easy Breakfast Casserole Muffins from Thriving Home
If you have kids at home, this is a simple recipe they can help with. Make, freeze, and enjoy these single-serving egg casseroles on Christmas morning and beyond. Low stress and tasty!
5. Blueberry Baked French Toast with Vanilla Glaze from Thriving Home
No need to slave away over the stove flipping French toast. Serve everyone at once with this DELICIOUS baked French Toast casserole. Make ahead and pop in the fridge or freezer for an easy, impressive breakfast.
6. Ham and Cheese Quiche from The Cozy Cook
This simple Ham and Cheese Quiche can be made ahead of time and is totally freezer friendly! A hint of caramelized onions along with savory ham and two kinds of cheese makes this an unbeatable flavor combination!
7. Blueberry Avocado Muffins from Thriving Home
A reader favorite! The tasteless (and nutritious) avocado keeps these muffins moist, while the blueberries and crumble topping bring the sweetness.
8. Overnight Gingerbread French Toast Breakfast Bake from Averie Cooks
Christmas in a casserole! Buttery, soft baked French toast that tastes a lot like soft gingerbread and molasses cookies.
9. Bacon and Spinach Quiche from Thriving Home
This is a well-tested, crowd favorite around here! Just a handful of ingredients come together to create this cheesy, decadent quiche. Make ahead and bake it the morning you want it. So beautiful and delicious!
10. Berry French Toast Casserole by Joyous Apron
Prepare the night before and pop into the oven when you wake up in the morning. You’ll end up with a moist on the inside, slightly crispy on the top French toast casserole with loads of fresh strawberries and blueberries.
11. Maple Sage Breakfast Sausage from Budget Bytes
Make these homemade sausage patties ahead of time, refrigerate or freeze them, and cook them Christmas morning. They also reheat well in the microwave or oven after being cooked.
12. Dark Chocolate Raspberry Coffee Cake from Sally’s Baking Addiction
You had me at dark chocolate. I mean at raspberries. Actually at coffee cake. I’ve decided there is nothing NOT to love about this gorgeous breakfast cake. Perfect for the holidays!
13. Freezer Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches from Damn Delicious
Simple to make yet a special treat because of the croissants. These make ahead sandwiches are definitely Christmas worthy.
14. Freezer Breakfast Burritos from Thriving Home
Make a big batch of these eggy-cheesy-bacony burritos ahead of time for Christmas morning and beyond. Either thaw and heat up OR you can warm from frozen.
15. Chocolate Sweet Potato Banana Bread from Thriving Home
A decadent-tasting, chocolatey sweet bread that includes some sneaky nutrition. (No one has to know!) Double and freeze this less-guilt recipe to have on hand for the holidays!
16. Baked Egg Cups (only 3 ingredients!) by Thriving Home
Don’t be fooled by the 3 simple ingredients…these protein-packed egg cups are delicious for all ages. Give yourself a break and make these instead of scrambled eggs and bacon! Would pair well with a sweet dish like Cinnamon Rolls or Coffee Cake from this list.
17. Overnight Cinnamon Apple French Toast Bake from Damn Delicious
Soaked in maple syrup and topped with tender cinnamon apples and toasted pecans, your crew will love this beautiful, aromatic overnight French toast.
18. Make Ahead Biscuits and Gravy from Simply Home Cooked
Who doesn’t love good biscuits and gravy? Who doesn’t want to spend time making it on Christmas? (Me!) Try this recipe that includes make ahead instructions, so you can have your
cake biscuit and eat it, too.
19. Biscuit Breakfast Casserole from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Here’s another fun way to get biscuits on the table without all the hassle the morning of! Eggs, sausage, peppers, and cheese meet buttery biscuits all in one dish.
20. Mini Cranberry Orange Cream Scones from Budget Bytes
These festive two-bite scones can be made ahead, frozen, and warmed on Christmas morning. Yum!
21. Easy Cheesy Breakfast Casserole (GF) from Gimme Some Oven
This gluten-free breakfast casserole doesn’t skimp on comfort or flavor. With hearty hash browns, eggs and cheese as the anchor, the onions, garlic, and red bell peppers add color and pizzazz. Easy to prep ahead, stick in the fridge, and bake the next morning.
22. Gingerbread Muffins with Lemon Glaze by Sally’s Baking Addiction
With beautiful crackly tops, robust spice flavor, and a zippy lemon glaze, I love the sound of these festive and unique muffins for Christmas morning!
23. Fluffy Eggs and Bacon from Thriving Home
A reader favorite! We take a shortcut for this make ahead casserole and have you use a baking mix (like Bisquick), so you can spend more time with family and less time in the kitchen.
24. Breakfast Enchiladas from Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®
Infuse some Tex-Mex into your Christmas morning menu with these easy-to-prepare Breakfast Enchiladas. Don’t the red and green bell peppers add a fun holiday pop?
25. Make Ahead Banana Breakfast Cake from Thriving Home
Want at least one (delicious) healthy-ish item on the Christmas breakfast table? Throw this nutritious sweet bread together in advance and serve it alongside a savory casserole in this round-up. It’s a family favorite around here.
26. Tater Tot Breakfast Bake by Midwest Foodie
Loaded with eggs, cheese, veggies, bacon, and ham, this easy comfort casserole takes just minutes to throw together. Prep ahead of time, and then just add the tator tots at the last minute before popping it into the oven.
27. French Toast Casserole with Streusel Topping by Plated Cravings
Julia from Plated Cravings says, “Easy to prep in advance and topped with a crunchy Cinnamon Pecan Streusel, this baked french toast recipe saves you time in the morning and tastes so delicious.”
28. Coffee Cake by Preppy Kitchen
John from Preppy Kitchen says you can make this melt-in-your-mouth coffee cake ahead, wrap tightly, and freeze. Then, warm up on Christmas morning using his instructions.
29. 5 Ingredient Breakfast Casserole by Thriving Home
Simple yet delicious! Make ahead and refrigerate or freeze. It’s also naturally gluten-free and versatile–swap out bacon for sausage or add in your favorite veggies.
30. Amazing Mexican Breakfast Casserole from Gimme Some Oven
Loaded with colorful ingredients, this unique breakfast casserole is naturally gluten-free (and can also be made vegetarian), easy to make ahead, and, according to Ali from Gimme Some Oven, “just ridiculously delicious!”.
31. Glazed Cranberry Orange Scones from Sally’s Baking Addiction
How gorgeous will these look on your holiday breakfast table? Sally gives several ideas at the bottom of the recipe for how to make them ahead of time–either weeks in advance or the night before.
More Make Ahead Recipes You’ll Love
When it comes to cooking for picky kids, we’ve got your back. Many of these make ahead recipes in this round up are tried and true in our homes.