These snickerdoodles are always a favorite with their soft, chewy middle and the delicious cinnamon sugar mixture on the outside.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Cinnamon sugar mixture for rolling:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In large bowl, mix together the butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl combine the rest of the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar).
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet.
- Refrigerate dough for 30-60 minutes.
- Scoop a small amount of dough out and roll into a small ball (I’d say a little smaller than a walnut).
- Roll dough into cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes and no more. The cookies will seem a bit undercooked but they will continue to develop after they are removed from the oven.