Like I mentioned before, we are a kabob-lovin’ family. If it were up to me, I’d have them every week. For the sake of variety, we don’t. But I love them that much. What’s funny is I only have two recipes for them. One marinade for steak kabobs and one for chicken.
The ingredients are simple and ones you probably have on hand. The taste is flavorful and fresh. You’ll want to print this one out, people. Trust me!Print
5 ingredient garlic honey marinade for chicken makes this recipe a family favorite!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (I leave this out because I don’t like pepper)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2–3 bell peppers, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces (any color)
- 1 red onion, cut into bite-sized chunks
- In large bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients.
- Mix marinade with veggies and chicken and let it marinate in the refrigerator for about two hours.
- Pre-heat grill to medium heat (around 350-400 degrees).
- Drain marinade from veggies and chicken and place on skewers. We’ve found it works best to put all the chicken on the same skewer, all the onions and peppers on one, etc. That way you can cook them as needed without over cooking.
- Grill for around 12-15 minutes. Some veggies will cook faster than others, so you’ll just have to keep an eye on them.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Mix marinade ingredients in a large freezer bag. Add chopped chicken, seal, and freeze. Note: Do not freeze vegetables.
Thaw chicken and marinade in the refrigerator. Add fresh chopped vegetables to the bag and let marinate up to two hours in the refrigerator, if desired. Thread chicken and veggies onto skewers. Grill according to instructions.