This 5 ingredient chicken kabob marinade is sweet, savory and incredibly easy! With just a few simple pantry ingredients, you can take your kabob game to the next level.
Grilling season is my jam.
I really feel like I eat healthier when a grilled recipe is on the menu plan. Having a simple marinade recipe for chicken kabobs like this one makes it even easier. And when I say simple, I really mean it!
What’s in the chicken kabob marinade?
Here’s what you’ll need to make your chicken & veggie kabobs delish...
- Oil – I prefer avocado oil or olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Ground black pepper
- Minced Garlic
Seriously. So simple, right? After whipping up the marinade, you’ll just need some chicken and veggies. Try to chop them up in similar sizes.
A short video of how the kabobs come together
How long do I marinate the chicken and veggies?
Place the marinade, chicken, and chopped veggies into a container and let them sit for at least 2 hours. As with most marinades, the longer it sits, the better and more flavorful the food will be.
Once they’ve done their fair share of marinading, it’s time to get those puppies on skewers! Your hands will get down and dirty during this process so just embrace it and wash up well after.
Can you freeze Honey Garlic Chicken Kabobs?
Great question! If you want to make this a freezer meal, we recommend just freezing the uncooked chicken in the marinade without the veggies. Because of the high water content in the bell peppers and onions, they won’t hold up well on a skewer after being frozen and thawed.
To prepare, simply thaw the chicken using one of our safe thawing methods and then add them to the skeweres with fresh veggies.
What to serve with Grilled Honey Garlic Chicken Kabobs
While the chicken and veggies are enough for a meal on their own, here are some ideas to beef up your meal:
- Ultimate Cheddar & Twice Baked Potatoes
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Oven Baked Steak Fries
- Mini Fruit Pizzas with Cream Cheese Frosting
This 5 ingredient chicken kabob marinade is sweet, savory and incredibly easy!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (Gluten-free option: Use coconut aminos or gluten-free tamari soy sauce.)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2–3 bell peppers, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces (any color)
- 1 red onion, cut into bite-sized chunks
Make It Now:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, honey, black pepper, and garlic.
- Add the chicken and veggies to the marinade, cover, and let it marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat (around 350-400 degrees).
- Thread the veggies and chicken on skewers and discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill for 12-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through (at least 165°F or no longer pink inside). Do not overcook the chicken.
Freeze For Later: To a gallon-sized freezer bag or container, add all the ingredients except the peppers and onions. Seal and toss gently to combine. Freeze.
Prepare From Frozen: Note: You will need the chopped peppers and onions on hand to complete this meal. Thaw completely using one of these three safe methods. Add the fresh chopped peppers and onions to the bag and toss in the marinade. Follow Steps 3-5.
We get our meat from ButcherBox*. The chicken is organic, curated from small, trusted farms, and absolutely delicious. We highly recommend this service to source all your healthy meat, from grass-fed beef to uncured bacon, and have used it for years ourselves. *Disclaimer: We are an affiliate of ButcherBox.