This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Grilling corn on the cob in foil is one of my best tricks! It keeps the corn moist but also adds a nice light char if done right. Use this method on how to grill corn in foil at your next BBQ!
I have a great little trick that will help you grill delicious corn on the cob. In fact, we grill corn no other way after using this method. I almost always use this method when feeding groups of people.
While you could easily boil or cook corn on the cob in the microwave, grilling corn brings out a different, richer flavor and adds that tasty char to the outside of the corn. Want to know my secret?
A Short Video on How to Grill Corn on the Cob in Foil
How to Grill Corn on the Cob in Foil
Step 1: Strip that corn down, baby. Remove the husk and little strings.
Step 2: Wrap the corn in a damp paper towel. Not dripping but wet enough so you could squeeze a few drops out if needed. This gives the corn its own personal little steam bath while also allowing for it to get a bit crispy on the edges.
Step 3: Wrap it up tightly in foil.
Now repeat for however many cobs you’re making.
Step 4: Preheat grill to 350-400°F. (For gas grills, turn the burners to medium). Once the grill is warmed up, place the wrapped up corn cobs on the grill and close the lid. Let them cook for about 10 minutes. Now flip them over on the other side and give them another 10 minutes.
If you are only doing 3-4 ears of corn, reduce the cooking time by a few minutes.
Step 5: Remove them from the heat and unwrap them when they are ready to eat. Add a little butter (or Garlic Herb Butter-yum!), salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, or whatever blows your skirt up.
Be sure to Pin the image below, so you can remember how to grill corn on the cob next time you need to…
What Should I Serve with Grilled Corn on the Cob?
Here are a few dishes that might go well with your grilled corn on the cob.
Recipe for Grilled Corn on the Cob in Foil
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 8–10 ears of corn
- 8–10 individual paper towels
- 8–10 pieces of aluminum foil
- 1/2 stick butter (more or less depending on number of ears of corn)
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Strip the corn down by removing the husk and little stringies.
- Wrap each corn ear in a damp paper towel. Not dripping but wet enough so you could squeeze a few drops out if needed. This gives the corn its own personal little steam bath while also allowing for it to get a little crispy on the edges.
- Wrap each ear tightly in foil.
- Preheat grill to 350-400°F. (Burners on medium). Once grill is warmed up, place the corn on and close the lid. Let it cook for about 10 minutes. Then, flip them over on the other side and give them another 10 minutes. (Note: If you’re only cooking 3-4 ears, reduce the time by a few minutes on each side.)
- Remove them from the heat and unwrap them when you are ready to eat. Add a little butter, salt, and pepper. Or maybe add a little Parmesan cheese, too.
- Serve the corn warm and enjoy.