Moist and packed with Italian flavor, these Mini Italian Burgers will impress anyone from guests to the youngest eaters in your house. Even better, they are freezer-friendly! You’ll want to double the batch every time you make these easy burgers.
About Mini Italian Burgers
Fresh herbs, Parmesan cheese, pantry seasonings, and even a little tomato paste make these Italian sliders moist and packed with Italian flavor. A fun twist on the standard burger. It’s a great recipe to serve to groups of people. Even kids love them!
For even more of an Italian twist, serve on mini ciabatta rolls and use fresh basil leaves as a topping and fresh mozzarella slices instead of Provolone. Top with warm marinara sauce.
Ingredients for Italian Burgers
Let’s talk about ingredients. It only takes a few to transform boring, bland ground beef. Just one of the many reasons I love burgers! Here is what you’ll need on hand.
- Ground beef (we get our grass-fed, grass-finished beef from ButcherBox)
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Grated Parmesan
- Tomato paste
- Salt & pepper
What to Serve with Mini Italian Burgers
Burgers play nice with all sorts of side dishes. If you need some ideas, here are some to get you started.
How to Freeze Burgers
You can make these burgers ahead of time and store them in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months if you package them correctly. That’s the case for almost all freezer meals!
When I make burgers, I always double the batch and freeze one for later. It’s such a great use of my time in the kitchen, especially when I know my family loves these so much. Here’s how to freeze and thaw them. Here are the freezer meal instructions.
FREEZE FOR LATER
Package uncooked burgers in single layers between pieces of parchment or waxed paper in a freezer bag/container. Here are the 5 best freezer storage methods. You can freeze a package of hamburger buns and the cheese slices along with the burgers to create a kit. Seal and freeze.
PREPARE FROM FROZEN
Thaw completely in the refrigerator, about 24 hours. Set on counter and bring up to room temperature for about 20-30 minutes. Grill according to instructions.
Italian Burgers: Great for Meal Prep!
We’re always on the lookout for great recipes that can be made quickly. This is why we have selected this recipe to be in our 1 Hour Freezer Prep! You’ll find so many great recipes like these Italian Burgers in these prep sessions. We give you everything you need to make 6 meals in 1 hour.Print
Moist and packed with Italian flavor, these Mini Italian Burgers will impress anyone from guests to the youngest eaters in your house. Freezing instructions included.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I prefer grass-fed)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup loosely fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 mini buns, sliced in half
- 4 slices Provolone or mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato slices, mayonnaise, ketchup
- Preheat a greased skillet over medium heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Place the ground beef, garlic, parsley, Parmesan, tomato paste, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Using clean hands, combine the ingredients until they are all well-incorporated into the beef, taking care not to compress the ingredients. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Shape the meat into 8 small patties of equal size and thickness.
- Place the burgers on the grill or in the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- Top each warm burger with a half slice of cheese and serve on buns with preferred toppings.
Freeze For Later: Complete Steps 2 and 3. Then, place uncooked burgers in a gallon-sized freezer bag or container in single layers with parchment paper between layers. Put the buns in another gallon-sized freezer bag. Wrap cheese slices tightly in plastic wrap or foil and place in the bag with the buns. Freeze the burgers, cheese slices, and buns together in the freezer as a meal kit.
Prepare From Frozen: Thaw in refrigerator overnight (preferred method) or using the cool water method (submerge freezer bag with the burgers in cold water until thawed, replacing water every 30 minutes). Cook according to instructions.
This recipe would make great meatballs! Use our cooking instructions from this meatball recipe if you want to do that!
- Serving Size: 1-2 sliders