Moist and packed with Italian flavor, these Mini Italian Burgers will impress anyone from guests to the youngest eaters in your house. Freezing instructions included.
- 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 pounds ground beef (I prefer grass-fed)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 mini buns, sliced in half
- 4 slices Provolone or mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato slices, mayonnaise, ketchup
Make It Now:
- Preheat a greased skillet over medium heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Place the ground beef, garlic, parsley, Parmesan, tomato paste, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Using clean hands, combine the ingredients until they are all well-incorporated into the beef, taking care not to compress the ingredients. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Shape the meat into 8 small patties of equal size and thickness.
- Place the burgers on the grill or in the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- Top each warm burger with a half slice of cheese and serve on buns with preferred toppings.
Freeze For Later: Complete Steps 2 and 3. Then, place uncooked burgers in a gallon-sized freezer bag or container in single layers with parchment paper between layers. Put the buns in another gallon-sized freezer bag. Wrap cheese slices tightly in plastic wrap or foil and place in the bag with the buns. Freeze the burgers, cheese slices, and buns together in the freezer as a meal kit.
Prepare From Frozen: Thaw in refrigerator overnight (preferred method) or using the cool water method (submerge freezer bag with the burgers in cold water until thawed, replacing water every 30 minutes). Cook according to instructions.
- Serving Size: 1-2 sliders