This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Here it is. Many, many friends over the years have asked me for my husband’s secret smoothie recipe. And today is the day
we’ve all a few of us have been waiting for…
“Hey Nathan, can you get up and make your smoothie?”
My husband peered at me through one open eye. “It’s Saturday morning, Rach.”
“Yeah, but you’re a dad, remember? Everybody knows you can’t sleep past 8.”
“Uhhhh,” he moaned, as he threw a pillow over his head.
“Nevermind. I’ll go try to make your smoothie. I want to get some pics before the lighting changes outside.”
20 minutes later…
Muted mockery covered his face and a quiet chuckle escaped as my bed-headed husband took one look at my attempt at his Everyday Smoothie.
“What are you laughing at?!” I demanded.
“What about me?”
“You and your puke, purple-beige smoothie attempt.”
(I don’t know…what do you guys think? My smoothie on your left or his on your right?)
(Yeah, that’s what I thought. Look, between you and me, I never get it right. His is tastier. Much tastier. And a far cry from my “puke, purple-beige” version.)
So, it’s with a very humbled heart, that I publicly dub my husband the official Smoothie Master of Our Household. And I invite you to enjoy his version of The Best Everyday Smoothie we know.
7 More Smoothies for You!
Try our new 7 Healthy Smoothie Recipes and learn how to make Freezer Smoothie Packs! You are going to love these recipes. We even created a free printable of all the recipes and shopping lists for you.
7 Must Have Smoothie Recipes
Get our best smoothie recipes, freezer pack instructions, & pro tips sent straight to your inbox.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 1 cup milk (use whatever kind you want–dairy or non-dairy!)
- 1 cup orange juice (or you can use 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup OJ)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (he uses vanilla, but I like plain b/c less sugar)
- 4 cups spinach, loosely packed
- 1 banana (a frozen banana makes it even creamier)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (or frozen berry blend)
- 2 cups frozen tropical fruit (we use a mix of mango, pineapple and strawberries)
- Optional: 1–2 cups baby carrots (adds more nutrition and is tasteless)
- Optional: 1-2 scoops protein powder (your choice)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Make It Now:
- Add milk, juice, yogurt, spinach and banana to a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add frozen fruit. Blend again until smooth. Enjoy!
Freeze For Later: After making the smoothie, freeze it in a freezable mason jar, leaving at least an inch at the top.
Prepare From Frozen: Place the mason jar in the refrigerator overnight to thaw. Stir with a spoon or throw in the blender again with a few ice cubes.
Dairy-Free Version: Use plain almond milk or oat milk and use dairy-free coconut yogurt like Daiya brand.
Smoothie Packs Delivered to Your Door!
If you want to make life really simple, try SmoothieBox. We love these frozen smoothie packs that are delivered to your door.
In fact, you can read my full honest review of SmoothieBox here. I love having these in the freezer for days when I just don’t have time to whip up a smoothie on my own.