Crock Pot Pumpkin Spiced Latte

I am SO excited to share this recipe with you guys!

I stumbled on this pumpkin spiced latte recipe and thought it’d be a great drink to serve to my small group that comes to my house each week.

It was a hit! Just ask some of the girls who tried it…

A few other reasons I will be making multiple batches of this slow cooker pumpkin spiced latte recipe are:

• It made my house smell SOOO good. Its scent was a warm-vanilla-cinnamon-pumpkiny aroma. It was better than any fall candle that I have bought!
  • It served 15+ girls. It’s a great recipe for large groups.
  • It was super easy to make and used REAL ingredients. No syrups.
  • I made it a 2 hours before the group got there so I wasn’t scrambling to put it together as people arrived.
  • The taste was marvelous. It was warm and sweet with a hint of pumpkin flavor. It really does rival a coffee shop’s pumpkin latte.
  • Who doesn’t love to warm up with a special cozy drink with a bunch of girls?!Homemade crock pot pumpkin latte. This recipe is EASY to make and is my go-to drink when entertaining in the fall or winter. Made with REAL ingredients from your pantry. Everyone loves it and amazed that it is made in a slow cooker.

OK, I’ve blabbed on enough about my new favorite crock pot recipe. Here it is!

Serves 10-15 people

Crock Pot Pumpkin Spiced Latte

Ingredients
  • 6 cups of milk (I used whole)
  • 4-6 cups of strongly brewed coffee
  • ½ cup of pumpkin puree
  • ½ cup of vanilla extract
  • ½ cup of sugar
  • 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
  • 3 cinnamon sticks
Instructions
  1. In your crock pot, combine the milk and coffee.
  2. Whip together the pumpkin, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon and pour into the crockpot.
  3. Mix together well.
  4. Toss in 3-4 cinnamon sticks.
  5. Cover the crockpot, and cook on high for 2 hours.
  6. *If you don't have a large group, you could easily halve the recipe.
  7. **I've been told that heating up the leftovers doesn't work so well

Like this recipe? You might “fall” for these healthy pumpkin recipes too…

Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

healthy pumpkin muffin

Pumpkin Bread or Muffins

whole wheat banana pumpkin bread

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes

whole wheat pumpkin pancake recipe

Whole Grain Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread

Pumpkin Nut Bread

Make sure to pin this recipe and follow Thriving Home’s Pinterest boards for more recipes like this one!

Find all of our healthy, kid-friendly and easy recipe here!

Have our latest recipes sent straight to your inbox. Sign up for our weekly email here.

Comments

1. Love that mug! Are there supposed two 8 T of sugar in the recipe? I want to go make me a pot o’ this right now! Thanks!

Thanks! I actually got it free at a garage sale. And yes, add 8 tablespoons of sugar to the crock pot.

Thanks for the heads up on the mistake. I will fix it right now. Only 8T of sugar! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Rachel says

Alice, I LOVE the look on your face in the girl pic! Totally something I would do.

3. Lisa says

I’m not a coffee drinker, do you think it would work with tea?

I’m actually not a tea drinker so I’m really not sure. I’m thinking it would turn out pretty sweet with tea since the bitterness of the coffee probably dilutes some of the sweetness. If you try it out, let us know how it is!

My best guess is that strong black tea might not be too bad. That’s what is in an actual chai anyway. It’s an interesting idea. We’d love to know if it works out.

4. Melissa says

Is the vanilla 8 T of vanilla extract?

Yes, real vanilla extract.

5. Amanda says

For the record, I have made this 3 times this week!!! Amazing and yummy recipe… thank you!

Haha! Me too!

6. Brittany M says

I cannot wait to try this! I am wondering if anyone has put the leftovers in the fridge and then had iced lattes?

• Tina k says

I’d love to know this as well!

I haven’t tried it myself but have heard that letting the latte cool doesn’t work so well. Apparently the pumpkin solidifies or something…

• Susan says

I have put the leftovers in the fridge and it is great cold. I didn’t put any ice in it though

Good to know! I’ve never tried to save the leftovers.

• Anne Dale says

I’ve had leftovers and I actually thought they were wonderful. It gets kind of thick as it sits and cools, but I liked that. The flavors meld more, too.

7. Jillian says

What would the recipe be like for a small crock pot?! All I have is the 1.5qt crock!!!!

Hmmm. You could probably halve the recipe. Would that still be too much for your crock pot?

8. Kat W. says

I made this today, and of course, it is amazing! Definitely an equal to the Starbucks version. I used Hazelnut flavored coffee and I thought it was wonderful; also added some whipped topping and cinnamon on top for added effect ๐Ÿ™‚

I don’t recommend letting it get cold though, for whatever reason the pumpkin pie filling started to re-solidify in mine when it did. That was an interesting mouthful… haha.
    I wrote a post about this recipe as well, to share with my friends!

Oooh, good call on the hazelnut! I’m hearing similar feedback from other people who have tried to let it cool and use leftovers. It’s for sure a no-go.

• Kristyn says

There’s a difference between pumpkin pie filling and pumpkin puree… That’s probably where you’re getting problems

9. RitaB says

This looks fabulous! Can’t wait to make it for our cold night out Trick ‘r Treating ๐Ÿ™‚ Can you tell me how many servings you think this recipe yields? I ask because I will enter it in Sparkpeople recipe builder to get the nutritional value. I have to watch my diet very closely. I can have pretty much anything I want. I just have to adjust for guilty pleasures such as this ๐Ÿ™‚

What a good idea! I’d say it serves around 15 or so. It also depends on the size of your coffee mugs!

10. Tiffany says

This sounds sooo wonderful! I would love to try it with my small group, but some of the girls are lactose free. Any idea on if this would work with soy milk or almond milk?

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with those. Let us know how it works out!

• Jessica says

I made it with almond milk, and just like other coffee drinks it was less sweet than cow’s milk but still delicious!

11. Samantha says

I just found this recipe and realized I have every ingredient in my house to make this right now (SO excited!!) EXCEPT for the cinnamon sticks. =/ Would I be able to use ground cinnamon instead..?

• polly says

I don’t think the cinnamon sticks will make or break the recipe. Add a dash of cinnamon and I bet it will have a similar effect.

12. Brittany says

Can I use pumpkin pie filling instead of the pumpkin puree?

I think pumpkin pie filling has some added ingredients that may change the flavor of the drink a bit. I can’t say for sure if it will taste ok though. Let us know if you try it out!

13. Wendy W says

This was amazing. To make it healthier I used 2% milk, truvia instead of sugar & real pumpkin instead of pumpkin puree & it still tasted great. Thx

Good ideas!

14. Cecilee says

If I do not have a crockpot (cooking in Spain :), do you think 2 hrs with the stovetop set on low would work?

Both Rachel and I think that if you cook it on a very low heat, it would work. Keep an eye on it though!

• Jessica says

I did mine on the stovetop, and yes cook it on low and watch it. It was great.

15. PT says

What about using brewed pumpkin flavored coffee instead of adding the pumpkin purรฉe? Then maybe it could be cooled and saved as iced lattes or reheated.

Interesting idea! Thanks, PT.

16. sarah says

I would think that if you wanted to save it to serve again you could probably just skim the pumpkin chunks out. The flavor would probably already be mixed into the liquid from cooking for so long.

17. Jill says

This sounds wonderful and I plan on making this right away. Just a thought… knowing that 8 Tablespoons makes 1/2 Cup might be helpful.

Haha- good to know! I’ll update it now.

18. Sherina says

Hiya! Love the recipe. I have a question though… the recipe calls for 2 teaspoons of cinnamon AND 3 cinnamon sticks??? If that’s not an error, do you think replacing the 2 teaspoons of cinnamon for 2 teaspoons of homemade pumpkin spice would work out??? Thanks bunches.

It’s not an error. Pumpkin spice would give it a different flavor but not necessarily bad. It might be very pumpkiny!

19. Jackie says

This was fabulous!!! I will make it again and again this fall!

Good! I can’t wait to make my first batch of the season. It’s been too long!

20. Shelia says

1/2 cup of vanilla? I made my own vanilla using vodka and vanilla beans. That’s an awful lot of vodka even for @ 15 cups of latte.

Yep, 8 tablespoons of vanilla or 1/2 cup. We’ve tested this numerous times and it’s delicious.

• Tracie says

Vanilla vodka at the end might make a nice grown-up drink!

Fun idea!

21. heather says

Can a sugar substitute be used in this?

I have never tried it but I don’t see why not.

22. Nancy says

I really want to make this for a party tomorrow but I only have 1 hr after work…. Would you get the same product if cooked on low for 4 hrs???????

I’m sorry but I’m really not sure! I have never tried it so I’m afraid to say if that will work or not.

23. Celeste says

so I was thinking, since the pumpkin puree starts to solidify when cooled, maybe I would try ground pumpkin pie seasoning?

24. Melanie says

I made this today, I used pumpkin pie spice instead for added spiciness. I paired it with pumpkin muffins and it was awesome!! I also went onto sparkrecipes and tallied the points for the drink. It is 3 points per cup for 12 cups. Just thought I’d add that just in case there are some Weight Watchers out there! ๐Ÿ™‚ Great recipe! TFS!

Glad you enjoyed it and made it your own!

25. Pat Ponce says

Has anyone made it with Vanilla Almond milk?

26. Samantha says

How many servings does this recipe make?

Around 10-15 depending on your mug size.

27. Niki says

Any ideas about transporting this? I’d like to take it to a small group but my crockpot’s lid isn’t a tight fit. I’ve been reading the comments about it cooling. I’m thinking if I put it in another container would it stay hot enough to not solidify?

Have you ever transported it?

• Debra says

I had to transport too, I ended up using two 1/2 gallon mason jars. It nearly filled them both. If you don’t have those, you can just use 4 quart jars (tighten the lids well!). Beware of pickle/non canning jars, as the hot liquid may cause them to crack when you pour in the liquid (maybe preheat the jars in hot water?). Good luck!

28. Niki says

I just saw Rachael Ray discussing transporting chili to a tailgate. Maybe you could do what she suggests. She said put it in a big pot. Wrap in foil. Put in a big cooler and surround with towels to create a thermos. In your case, could you just put your crock in a cooler and surround with towels to keep it from moving? Not sure how to secure the lid tightly, though.

• Jo says

What I do when transporting Crock pot goodness is stretch a rubber band from under one handle, across to wrap around the knob on the lid, then do the same on the other side. Works like a charm!

29. Amanda says

Excited to make this for Thanksgiving this year!
    We are not big into sugar, do you think honey and/or pure maple syrup would be a good substitute?

30. I will be taking it to a Teacher’s Workday in the morning…I am expecting it to be a hit. I will let you know,

What a fabulous idea, Linda!

31. Tammy says

I made this recipe today and was very disappointed.. the portions did not blend well together and I had to change the amounts of ingredients and it still does not taste very well. Sorry but I will not be making this again..

32. Yas says

Just found this recipe! I made it for a pumpkin-themed pot luck at my work and it was a big hit! I made a few alterations which I would recommend –
    I used vanilla coconut milk instead of regular milk.
    And I used only about 6 teaspoons of vanilla since the coconut milk was vanilla flavored.
    And hazelnut coffee gives it another flavor dimension.
    Hope this helps for future recipe makers!

33. Courtney says

1/2 cup of vanilla extract? Is this correct? It just seems like a lot?

Yes, it’s been tested many times. It’s delicious!

34. Amber ingle says

how many people does this feed?

Hi Amber. I’m guessing it feeds about 10-15 people depending on serving size. Enjoy!

35. Dena says

I am so trying this, Starbucks is supposed to be using real pumpkin in their lattes this year but I am betting I can save a boatload of money by using this recipe! Thanks!

36. jennifer says

I made this for a ladies fellowship. I was so excited to drink my first pumpkin spice lattรฉ of the season. I added some all spice to give it a little more spice. And added a little more coffee cause i thought it was a little weak. After trying my first sip I would have to say this is more of a creamer than an actual lattรฉ. Maybe add expresso instead of strong coffee and waaaaay less milk. I was thoroughly disappointed with it and so was everyone else I ended throwing away almost the whole crockpot of it.

I’m sorry to hear it was a bust for you, Jennifer. Our experience has been different.

• Andre says

I am glad I am not the only one that this recipe didn’t work for. I follow the recipe, and it was still bland. It did not taste like pumpkin latte at all. I am not giving up though, the reviews are wonderful, I will give it another try.

Thanks for the feedback, Andre. I’m sorry it didn’t work for you. ๐Ÿ™

37. Dionne says

I really don’t need a crock pot full. So how would I do just for a cup or two.

Haha. I have no idea. Sorry!

38. Julie says

I was excited to try this out on our first really chilly morning. I had dinner in the crock pot but thought it would work the same if I simmered it on the stove until hot. It smelled delicious, but ended up with the consistency of apple sauce. I had to pitch the whole pot.

Oh gross! Yeah, simmering milk would probably cook it a bit too much. Next time, try the crock pot. ๐Ÿ™‚

39. Amber says

I made this a few times last year and tried to change up the recipe a few times and it was really good. Then I copied this recipe exactly, and it was AMAZING! I was excited to find this recipe again and am making it in the morning for a coffee play date. Yum!

My question. I have all the ingredients expect pure vanilla extract, I only have imitation vanilla. I’m guessing it’s worth a run to the store to get the real stuff, but I was just curious if you’ve heard of imitation vanilla working. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank for sharing such a tasty recipe!

40. Lauren says

Just wondering with the coffee what you’ve used or consider as strong brewed?! Thanks can’t wait to try!

When I say “strongly brewed” I mean using more coffee grounds than I typically would than when drinking a typical cup. Whatever it takes to give it a strong coffee flavor. The amount will depend on the brand you use. If it’s a cheap brand, it will likely take more scoops than a quality brand. Hope that helps.

41. LisaB says

I made this with light vanilla almond milk and it turned out delicious. I also put the leftovers into jars in the fridge. Just a quick shake to blend it all added a bit of cream and poured over ice and it was fantastic.

I’m so glad you found a way to use the leftovers! I’m for sure going to try that next time.

42. Jennifer Cline says

How do you think you could put this in the crockpot to cook overnight to have in the morning?

I wish that was possible! I think that it would get a bit overcooked though.

43. Emily says

I’m making this right now and it’s really grainy and sediment-y and the dry ingredients are not really dissolving into the coffee/milk mixture. ๐Ÿ™ Will it dissolve more the longer it’s in the crockpot?

Oh no! It sounds like you used dry coffee instead of brewed coffee? There aren’t really dry ingredients except for the sugar and cinnamon.

44. Lindsay says

Hi! I was really excited to do this recipe, so I halved it and used skim milk instead but it turned out terrible, there’s a lot of chunked stuff and n it, what did I do wrong? Do you have any suggestions. (Also I did not have 1/4 cup of vanilla, I could only fill it half way)

45. Melissa says

My work is having a ppkin themed food day and am bringing this. The smells that are in my house right now are amazing! So excited to try it!

46. Oh My Word!!! This is soooo good! Thats it, I’m shredding my Starbucks card!

Wahoo! Glad you liked it.

47. Beth says

What brand of vanilla do you use? I’m thinking that you might use a different type of vanilla extract than me, because I’m sure 1/2 cup of mine would be quite overpowering. Please respond!

I’ve used lots of different kinds. I’m not really loyal to a brand. If you lessened the amount, I think you’d be ok.

48. Morgan Ocetnik says

Hi, I’m a student that writes for a school magazine. I’m doing a page on fall recipes, I wondering if I would be able to use the picture you provide as well as the recipe, while still giving you recognition.
    Morgan

Thanks for asking. I just emailed you about it.

49. Sherry Smith says

What is the brown powder spinkle on the top of the coffee in the cups?

Cinnamon

• Sherry Smith says

Thank you!

50. Jessica H. says

Does anyone know if I want to put the heat on low, would it be 4 hours or how would you convert that time?

51. Kellie says

Made this today with lactose free 2% milk. It tasted great. I also had coconut milk or almond milk in mind but decided staying as close to the original recipe would be best. I’m lactose intolerant and will make this again with lactose free whole mik. Yum!

52. Hillary says

Do you think there is something that could replace the pumpkin purรฉe so it will last longer after it cools? I’m not sure what, but something pumpkin flavored?