We’ve created a one stop shop for all of your thanksgiving needs.
In this guide, you’ll find:
- Meaningful and fun family activities
- Thanksgiving Menu recipe ideas by category
- More Tips and Tricks for preparing and hosting
Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read our full disclosure policy here.
It never hurts to have some activity ideas up your sleeve. Here are a few that your family might enjoy!
- Make a Thanksgiving Tree – A family activity that all can participate in. Free printable included.
- Table Talk Cards – Great conversation starters!
- 30+ Thanksgiving Crafts – Want to keep those little hands busy? Here are some great ideas.
- Set out a puzzle. I personally love Ravensburger Puzzles. They are high quality and don’t fall apart!
Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas
- Charcuterie Board – This is one appetizer that you can’t mess up and everyone loves.
- Hummus & Veggie Sticks – Tasty and not too filling. Need to save room for that turkey!
- Homemade Chex Mix – My grandma would have bowls of this out everywhere when we celebrated Thanksgiving at her house. Be warned, it’s addictive!
- Easy Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze – My mother-in-law makes a version of this every year.
- Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball – NEED I SAY MORE!?
- Turkey (We love this Step by Step Guide for the Best Roast Turkey by The Yummy Life.)
- Smoked Turkey – Takes a bit of time but totally worth it! A smoker is necessary.
- Holiday Ham with Cranberry-Orange Glaze – An easy alternative to have for anyone who doesn’t love turkey.
- Autumn Chopped Salad – Trust me. This one is a WINNER.
- Simple Homemade Stuffing – So easy. You’ll never go back to store bought after this.
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes – Made in the Instant Pot to save time!
- Sweet and Savory Roasted Carrots – A yummy twist on baby carrots.
- Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans – Who wants a green bean casserole when you can wrap them in bacon??
- 10-Minute Cranberry Sauce – Gorgeous color and amazing flavor in just minutes. Make ahead and freeze! (You could also try out our Apple Cranberry Sauce if Cranberry sauce is a bit too tart for you.)
Dessert and Drinks
- Pumpkin Dump Cake – Easier and tastier than pumpkin pie, in our humble opinions.
- Snickerdoodle Cookies – These are SO good. Fun to have kids help with the prep, too.
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Latte – Such a treat to have before or after a Thanksgiving meal!
- Apple Pie Bars – Made with a delicious green apple filling and a buttery sugar cookie crust.
- Pie in a Jar – These personal-sized pies are made in little mason jars that can go straight from your freezer to your oven to your mouth.