Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and we want to make the holiday as easy as possible for you. Here are some ideas you might find helpful.
In this guide, you’ll find:
- Meaningful and fun family activities
- Thanksgiving Menu recipe ideas by category
- More Tips and Tricks for preparing and hosting
Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read our full disclosure policy here.
It never hurts to have some activity ideas up your sleeve. Here are a few that your family might enjoy!
- Make a Thanksgiving Tree – A family activity that all can participate in. Free printable included.
- Table Talk Cards – Great conversation starters!
- 30+ Thanksgiving Crafts – Want to keep those little hands busy? Here are some great ideas.
- Set out a puzzle. I personally love Ravensburger Puzzles. They are high quality and don’t fall apart!
THANKSGIVING MENU IDEAS BY CATEGORY
- Charcuterie Board – This is one appetizer that you can’t mess up and everyone loves.
- Hummus & Veggie Sticks – Tasty and not too filling. Need to save room for that turkey!
- Homemade Chex Mix – This has been at my Thanksgivings for YEARS. Be warned, it’s addictive!
- Turkey (We love this Step by Step Guide for the Best Roast Turkey by The Yummy Life.)
- Holiday Ham with Cranberry-Orange Glaze
- Autumn Chopped Salad – Trust me. This one is a WINNER.
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes – Made in the Instant Pot to save time!
- Sweet and Savory Roasted Carrots – A yummy twist on baby carrots.
- Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans – Who wants a green bean casserole when you can wrap them in bacon??
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Apples – Couldn’t be simpler and makes your home smell amazing.
- 10-Minute Cranberry Sauce – Gorgeous color and amazing flavor in just minutes. Make ahead and freeze!
DESSERTS & DRINKS
- Pumpkin Dump Cake – Easier and tastier than pumpkin pie, in our humble opinions.
- Snickerdoodle Cookies – These are SO good. Fun to have kids help with the prep, too.
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Latte – Such a treat to have before or after a Thanksgiving meal!
OTHER TIPS & TRICKS
- Top 10 Hospitality Tips & Tricks – Practical ideas to use if you are hosting!
- 10 Thanksgiving Tips Our Readers Swear By – Great advice for making T-Day less stressful.
- 20+ Easy Meal Ideas for Groups of People – Need more meal ideas? Check out this roundup.