- My husband who has turned his nose up at broccoli his entire life now scoops a generous portion of this onto his plate.
- My two-year-old repeated the phrase, “Mo brockwy” at least five times when we served this at dinner for the first time.
- When we went to a tailgate a few days later, the same two-year-old passed up the chips and other junk food for a handful of raw broccoli (thinking it would taste like the way I made it.) She wasn’t too happy when she took a bite to find out it didn’t have the flavor of the oven-roasted goodness.
I don’t think I’ll ever go back to steaming broccoli. We are oven roasted converts.
Oven Roasted Broccoli
- 2-3 heads of broccoli, cut up
- ¼ cup olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Cut the florets off of your broccoli and put them all in a ziplock bag
- Add ¼ cup olive oil and a pinch of salt
- Shake it up until broccoli is coated with oil
- Spread broccoli out on greased baking sheet
- Cook at 450 for about 13 minutes.