Love that candy bar with chocolate, coconut, and almonds? Well, now you can have everything that’s delicious about Almond Joy in one make-ahead, nutritious overnight oats recipe.
We are obsessed with overnight oats! That’s why we keep on rolling out recipe after recipe for you, like these flavors so far:
- Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Shortcake Overnight Oats
- Peach Pie Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats
Take a look at all the benefits below, and you’ll see why we make overnight oats every week in our homes.
What Are the Benefits of Overnight Oats?
Make-Ahead: You can whip up several of these on the weekend and have breakfast ready to go for the week. They just take minutes to put together.
No Cooking Involved: The oats soften in the liquid as it sits in the refrigerator, which means no cooking is needed.
Super Healthy: Breakfast doesn’t get much healthier than this! The combo of fresh or frozen fruit, whole grains, and other nutritious add-ins provides fiber, protein, antioxidants, and valuable minerals.
Eat On the Go: Whether you have just a few minutes before you leave for the day or need to eat breakfast in the car or at your desk, this breakfast-in-a-jar fits the bill! Eat these overnight oats cold or warm. (Read on for tips for serving.)
Super Tasty: With a balance of sweet, salty, and texture, our variety of overnight oat recipes will make the whole family happy. Today’s recipe–Almond Joy Overnight Oats–might just be my favorite. It’s like a dessert in a jar.
How to Make Overnight Oats
In just four simple steps, you can throw together your overnight oats and be ready for the week. This particular recipe uses rolled oats, pure maple syrup, banana, almond butter, 100% cocoa powder, sliced almond, shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, and almond milk. Here’s the basic method:
- Build the Base: In a clean 10 ounce or 12-ounce mason jar, pour in your favorite (unsweetened) milk. Add old-fashioned or rolled oats and your all-natural sweetener of choice (pure maple syrup or honey).
- Add Fruit: Whether it’s fresh or frozen berries, chopped peaches or tropical fruit, or your favorite dried fruit, this ingredient adds more sweetness, flavor, and nutrition. We do recommend adding banana slices fresh rather than ahead of time, but they can work ahead of time if you don’t mind mushy bananas.
- Add Toppings: Pour in the remaining add-ins, like almond butter, shredded coconut, chia seeds, cocoa powder, sliced almonds, and mini chocolate chips for this version.
- Shake and Refrigerate: Seal and shake. Set in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
Check out our video showing just how simple it is to make overnight oats (this version is our Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats)…
Do I Eat Almond Joy Overnight Oats Warm or Cold?
We hear this question a lot. The best way to serve overnight oats is…whatever you like best! Eating them cold or warm works.
Serve Overnight Oats Cold: Shake the jar. Stir in a little extra milk if it’s too thick and more sweetener if you’d like. Grab a spoon and eat your oats cold. This is the perfect solution for those mornings when you’re on the run!
Serve Overnight Oats Warm: This is our preferred way to serve overnight oats. Shake the jar and then remove the lid. Warm the oats in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Stir. Add more milk or sweetener as needed. Warm up even more, if desired.
Almond Joy Overnight Oats Recipe
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Here’s our full disclosure.Print
Now you can have everything that’s delicious about an Almond Joy candy bar in one make-ahead, nutritious overnight oats recipe.
- 1/2 cup milk (we prefer plain almond milk), plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2– 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon all-natural almond butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips (use my fave Enjoy Life brand for dairy-free option)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon 100% cocoa powder or cacoa powder
- 1/2 large banana, sliced or diced
- In a 10 ounce or 12 ounce mason jar, pour in the milk.
- Add oats and your all-natural sweetener of choice (pure maple syrup or honey).
- Pour in the remaining add-ins (except the bananas), which is almond butter, shredded coconut, sliced almonds, mini chocolate chips, chia seeds, and cocoa powder for this version.
- Screw on the lid tightly and shake. Set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 3-5 days.
- When ready to eat, add in the bananas according to the directions below. You can eat it cold or warm. Here’s how to serve it:
Serve Cold: Shake the jar. Open and add in the bananas. Stir in a little extra milk if it’s too thick and more sweetener if you’d like. Grab a spoon and eat your oats cold. This is the perfect solution for those mornings when you’re on the run!
Serve Warm: This is our preferred way to serve overnight oats. Shake the jar and then remove the lid. Warm the oats in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Stir. Add in the bananas at this point, plus more milk or sweetener as needed. Warm up even more, if desired.