The delicious combination of cranberries and apples creates this incredibly yummy spin on regular applesauce.
- 12 ounces cranberries [fresh or frozen], rinsed
- 3–4 pounds of apples (about 10 apples), roughly peeled and chopped (I used Gala in this recipe)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Place all ingredients in Crockpot and stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- At the end of cooking, use an immersion blender or potato masher to smooth out the apples and cranberries into desired texture, stir thoroughly and enjoy!
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Cook sauce according to recipe instructions. Let cool completely. Once cool, put in to freezer safe bags or containers. Store in freezer up to 3 months.
Thaw sauce overnight in refrigerator. You can also run the bag under cool water in the sink.