Bacon and Brussels Salad is the perfect blend of salty and savory. Prepare to fall in love with brussels sprouts.
- 1 pound of Brussel sprouts, stems trimmed and cut in half
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat a large skillet (preferably cast iron), to medium heat. Place bacon in skillet and cook until it is well done (about 5-7 minutes). Remove bacon and discard most of the grease, leaving just a bit behind. After bacon has cooled a bit, chop it into small pieces.
- Blanch the Brussel sprouts by boiling them in a large pot for about 2 minutes removing them with a slated spoon, and plunging then into a bowl of ice water. Remove Brussel sprouts from water and place of a paper towel to absorb the excess water.
- Heat skillet to medium-high head and add Brussel sprouts. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until Brussel sprouts are starting to brown a bit.
- Add in garlic, salt, pepper and thyme. Lastly add in the bacon.
- Stir it all together until ingredients have combined and then remove it all from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Stir until well combined.
- Drizzle the oil mixture over the Brussel sprouts.