You will want to try this banana blueberry bread. It is hearty. It’s healthy. It’s sweet. It’s delicious. Bake a second loaf to store in the freezer.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup uncooked oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (can also sub with real butter or coconut oil)
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, oats, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine oil, banana, blueberries, and eggs; add to flour mixture. Stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove bread from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Bake bread as directed in recipe. Let cool completely. Once cool, cut in slices. Place in freezer safe bag or container. Store for up to 3 months.
Remove desired number of slices from freezer. Warm them in the refrigerator overnight (great if you’re thawing the whole loaf) or for a few seconds in the microwave (perfect for just a slice or two).