These no-fuss oven baked ribs will satisfy every meat-loving man or child in your house! Pair them with some baked potatoes and baked beans for a winning combination!
- 3–4 lb spare ribs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup ketchup (I used Trader Joe’s Organic Ketchup)
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce (I used Trader Joe’s All Natural)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place the ribs in a large stock pot with enough water or broth to cover. (Note: I seasoned my water with stuff I had on hand: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion, jalepeno, and bay leaves.) Bring the water to a boil and lower heat to a simmer for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In medium saucepan, combine ketchup, barbeque sauce, brown sugar, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and garlic; blend well.
- Cook the sauce over medium-low heat for approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove ribs from water. Cut the ribs between the bones and place on a baking pan with sides. Season with a bit of salt and pepper, rubbing it in. (Note: A rib spice rub would be awesome here. I just didn’t have time to make one.) Cover ribs in the sauce.
- Cover the pan with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes. (Note: Use parchment or foil on bottom of pan!)