This is a kid-friendly, heart-healthy stand-by meal that our entire family loves! You’ll love this Asian-inspired salmon recipe. It’s full of flavor!
- 1/2 cup peanut oil (sub: avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (sub: rice vinegar or red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (sub: honey)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (cut back if you don’t like heat)
- 8 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
Make It Now:
- In a gallon-sized freezer bag, add all ingredients except the salmon filets. Zip and shake to combine. (Freezer instructions begin here.)
- Add the salmon filets to the marinade, close the bag, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- You’ve got two cooking methods to choose from:
- Cooking Method #1: Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Place the filets skin-side down on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4-5 minutes (when fillets are seared on the first side, they should release easily). Flip the fillets over and continue grilling until done, 2-3 minutes. When salmon is done, it should flake easily with a fork.
- Cooking Method #2: Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
Freeze For Later: Follow Step 1, seal, and freeze. Tightly wrap and freeze the salmon alongside the marinade to create a meal kit.
Prepare From Frozen: Thaw the meal. Add the salmon to the marinade and follow Steps 2-3.