You will never miss the flour in these muffins! They are deliciously moist and packed with protein, fiber, and other health benefits.
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or sub any other nut butter)
- 4 ripe medium bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup rolled oats (look for gluten-free oats, if avoiding gluten)
- 1/2 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into muffin tin, filling until each cavity is about ¾ full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Do not overcook.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week or freeze for up to one month.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Bake muffins as directed in recipe. Let cool completely. Once cool, place muffins in freezer safe bag or container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw desired amount of muffins overnight in the refrigerator or warm them slightly in the microwave.