Here’s a yummy way to eat your veggies. Mini Broccoli Cheddar Bites were inspired from a recipe in the lovely cookbook called Scratch. They remind me of mini quiches–perfectly cooked broccoli meets eggy-cheesy goodness. My 7-year-old was a big fan of these guys, as well as, my father-in-law who was visiting.
I served these alongside Slow Cooker Balsamic Shredded Beef one night and then had them for breakfast the next day. You guys, I ate broccoli for breakfast for days in a row. Let me tell you, I felt like I was winning.
If you don’t have a mini muffin pan, you can still make these in a regular-sized pan. Just cook them a little longer until they are set in the middle.Print
These mini quiches are an easy, cheesy way to enjoy broccoli as a side at any meal, including breakfast. Kids and adults, alike, love them.
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese, eggs, flour, melted butter, and milk. Season lightly with salt and pepper to your preference and stir until well combined.
- Spoon into muffin tin and bake for 10-15 minutes, until set and golden.