Mini Meatball Soup is tiny bites of delight in a delicious soup base your whole family will love.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1–2 tablespoons dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 (32 ounce) box of beef stock
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup egg noodles
- 1–2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Sprinkle of grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and lightly grease a cookie sheet or cover it in parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients for meatballs in a large bowl using clean hands. Roll into small 1-inch balls, and place in a single layer on cookie sheet, leaving room between them. Your cookie sheet will look very full of little meatballs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large soup pot. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery and season lightly with salt and pepper. Saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add box of stock, parsley, and the cooked meatballs. Stir to combine.
- Let the soup simmer for 30-60 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of cook time, add the pasta and mixed frozen veggies. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Top with a generous sprinkle of Parmesan and serve with slices of crusty bread.
Freezer Meal Instructions
Prepare and bake the meatballs. Meanwhile, sauté the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery according to Step 4. In a gallon-sized freezer bag, add those veggies, beef stock, parsley, and cooked meatballs. Freeze the bag, along with the frozen mixed vegetables, together as a meal kit.
To Prepare From Frozen:
Let the meal thaw completely in the refrigerator for about 24 hours. (Place on a rimmed baking sheet to prevent spills.) Pour the soup into a large soup pot and follow instructions beginning with Step 5.