Kid Food Tip #1:
Put the name “pizza” in any recipe.
Kid Food Tip #2:
Cut said “pizza” recipe into small bite-sized pieces with a pizza cutter.
Kid Food Tip #3:
Provide a dip for said bite-sized pizza-inspired recipe.
In other words, make these healthy Pizzadillas for your kids. They are super kid-friendly and super easy for lunch or dinner!Print
Ask any child their favorite food and you’ll likely hear, “PIZZA!” So do yourself a favor and make these pizzadillas for your next family meal. Just a few simple ingredients are sure to give you the wow factor!
- cooking spray
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas (I like the whole wheat flour tortillas at Trader Joes)
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional toppings: 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach, nitrate-free ham, and/or turkey pepperoni, finely chopped basil
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I like Newman’s Own Marinara)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a jelly-roll pan with cooking spray. Then lay out the tortillas in a single layer.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese over each tortilla and divide additional toppings over tortillas. Top each with 3 tablespoons of more cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and carefully fold each tortilla in half. Bake an additional 8-10 minutes or until browned and crisp, turning after 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with warm marinara for dipping.