Sweet and salty roasted brussels sprouts are a super tasty, healthy side dish. Try them with bacon and this balsamic vinaigrette reduction. The flavor combination is amazing!
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 4–6 ounces uncured bacon, lightly cooked in the method of your choice to drain off some fat (it will get crispy later in the oven with the brussels sprouts).
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Real salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced honey balsamic vinegar (see method below)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the brussels sprouts on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, 1-2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle bacon over the sprouts and toss with your hands. Spread out in a single layer.
- Roast the brussels sprouts for 20 to 30 minutes, until they’re tender and the bacon is crispy. Meanwhile, reduce the balsamic vinegar.
- Remove from the oven, toss them, and drizzle immediately with the balsamic vinegar. Taste for seasoning and add salt or pepper to your preference.
How to Make the Honey Balsamic Reduction:
- Bring 1/3 c. balsamic vinegar and 2 tsp. honey (optional) to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced by 1/2 and liquid becomes syrupy. Be careful not to burn or overcook. It will continue to thicken as it cools.