Little hands can’t get enough of these ham and cheese crescent rolls. Don’t believe me? Here’s what happened when I was trying to get a picture of these bad boys.
Who can blame her? Between the sweet, soft, buttery dough, the warm ham, and the melted cheese, these rolls are irresistible. I like to make a big batch but they don’t stay in my freezer long. If I don’t use them up for a quick lunch or even a meal for the babysitter to give to the kids, my husband will snag a few for his lunch. I wish I could double batch these but since I make the dough in the bread machine, it’s not really possible.
Want to make your own homemade ham and cheese crescent rolls?
Make sure to pin this recipe so you have it on hand for the future!
- Dough for the Crescent Rolls:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick softened butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 4 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 teaspoons yeast
- Filling for the Crescent Rolls:
- About 1 lb of deli ham
- About 16 oz. mozzarella cheese (or a large bag of shredded)
- 5 tablespoons of melted butter
- Put dough ingredients into bread machine as directed.
- After dough cycle is complete, separate the dough into two mounds and flour your surface and rolling pin well.
- Roll one mound of dough out until it is flattened to about ½ inch thick. It should be about the size of a large pizza.
- Brush dough with melted butter.
- Using a pizza cutter, make pie shaped pieces by cutting straight lines through the dough. (Again, like you would cut a pizza.)
- Add ham and cheese to each slice. I usually use about 2 pieces of ham and one piece of cheese per slice.
- Starting at the large end, roll up the dough.
- Place on greased baking sheet with the end side underneath the roll. Repeat these steps for your second mound of dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Make sure bread is golden brown.
- Brush rolls with melted butter and let cool a bit before serving.
Bake as directed. Let cool and then place rolls into airtight bag or container for up to 3 months.
When ready to eat, warm them up either in the microwave or oven. Devour!