This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 large apples, cored and roughly chopped (your choice of variety)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 8 whole wheat bread slices (stale is fine)
- Serving suggestion: butter and real maple syrup
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat a large pan or griddle over medium low heat.
- Place egg, milk, apple chunks, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a shallow dish.
- Grease the pan (I prefer organic butter or coconut oil). When a few water drips sizzle in the pan, it is hot enough to begin.
- Dip bread slices one at a time in the batter, turning them over to get them completely soaked. Give them a minute to really soak in the goodness!
- Cook the battered bread slices for about 2 minutes on each side. The french toast is done when both sides are golden brown and there is no more visible raw egg.
- Serve with butter and real maple syrup.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Cook french toast as directed on skillet or griddle. Let slices cool completely. Put in freezer safe container or bag and store for up to 3 months.
Thaw french toast slices overnight in refrigerator or warm slightly in microwave.