This Fluffy Eggs and Bacon is an easy breakfast idea that is great for feeding a crowd or large family. Even better, it’s a freezer meal!
I recently inherited a huge box of recipe cards from my grandmother in-law. I had so much fun going through the hundreds of recipes that she had accumulated over her lifetime. While I did end up tossing about 2/3rds of them (generations eat very differently from one to the next!), I did stumble on a few gems.
Take for example, this super easy Fluffy Eggs and Bacon recipe. It reminded me of our Oven Omelette but with the addition of a baking mix.
I haven’t personally done this, but it would be pretty easy to swap out the bacon for cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage. Let us know if you try that and how it is!Print
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup baking mix (I used Bisquick)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt,
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Set aside and crumble it up once it has cooled.
- Wipe out most of the bacon grease but use a tad of the remaining grease to saute the diced onion and bell pepper until they begin to soften.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients, and stir until well combined.
- Pour mix into a greased 9×13 baking dish
- Bake at 375 for about 35 minutes uncovered until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
To Freeze: Follow all of the directions right up until baking. Cover and freeze.
To Prepare: Let thaw in refrigerator 24 hours and then bake at 375 for about 35 minutes uncovered.