Whip up a bit of fall into your french toast batter and enjoy some extra nutrition at the same time with this recipe. A family favorite in our house!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup baked sweet potato, mashed (about 1/2 of large sweet potato)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 8 bread slices (stale is fine)
- Serving suggestion: butter and real maple syrup
- Preheat a large pan or griddle over medium low heat.
- Whisk egg, milk, sweet potato, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt in a shallow dish.
- Grease the pan (I prefer organic butter or coconut oil). When a few water drips sizzle in the pan, it is hot enough to begin.
- Dip bread slices one at a time in the batter, turning them over to get them completely soaked. Give them a minute to really soak in the goodness!
- Cook the battered bread slices for about 2 minutes on each side. The french toast is done when both sides are golden brown and there is no more visible raw egg.
- Serve with butter and real maple syrup.