Just 4 pantry seasonings plus a few minutes in the Instant Pot and and under the broiler turns out perfectly seasoned, crispy drumsticks that the whole family will love. Make them fresh or from frozen.
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth (or water)
Make It Now:
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic salt, onion salt, celery salt, and poultry seasoning. Rub the seasoning all over the drumsticks. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Transfer the seasoned drumsticks to the Instant Pot and pour in the broth. Lock and seal the lid. Cook at high pressure for 12 minutes, then quick release the pressure. (Check to make sure the chicken is done. It should register 165°F internally.)
- Position the top oven rack about 6 inches below the broiler. Preheat the broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Use tongs to place the drumsticks on the prepared baking sheet; discard any liquid remaining in the pot (or save it to use as homemade chicken broth later). Broil the chicken until the skin is browned and crispy, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
Freeze for Later: Follow step 1. Place the seasoned chicken and the broth in a gallon-size freezer bag or round container (try not stack the drumsticks in the bag/container as much as possible; instead, place them side by side). Seal and freeze (if using a freezer bag, set it in a bowl or round container with a diameter similar to the Instant Pot so it will fit in the pot when frozen.
Prepare From Frozen: Set the Instant Pot to “Sauté.” Transfer the frozen meal to the pot and cook for 5 minutes to release some liquid. Press “Cancel.” Follow step 2, but cook for 17 to 22 minutes. Follow steps 3 and 4.