Cilantro lime chicken recipe. So easy to make! Dump ingredients into a slow cooker and come back hours later for a delicious, family friendly healthy dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn (or once can of corn, drained)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (I only used 1/2 can because I’m not crazy about beans)
- Whole wheat tortillas or tortilla chips, for serving
- Your favorite Mexican toppings, for serving (i.e. cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, lettuce, and chopped tomatoes).
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and the cumin on both sides. Then, place all ingredients into the slow cooker and stir until mixed together.
- Cook on LOW for 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 hours. Shred the chicken with two forks and stir back into the slow cooker. Taste and season with salt and pepper, to your preference.
- Serve chicken with tortillas and toppings, such as with cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and lettuce. Or, spread chicken out over tortilla chips, top with cheese, and bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes (until cheese is melted).
Freeze For Later: Place all the ingredients in a gallon-sized freezer bag. (You will NOT slow cook this meal ahead of time.) Seal and freeze.
Prepare From Frozen: Thaw using one of these three safe ways. Follow Steps 2-3.